It’s expected that everyone contributes to the running of the Co-op, either through coordinating a specific area (e.g. the garden, communal dinners or finance) or just being rostered on for specific tasks throughout the week (e.g. going to the markets, setting up for an event or watering the garden). This is how we ensure the co-operative remains a fun, strong and vibrant community to live in. You will spend about an hour a week on Co-op work, and be required to attend Sunday night meetings each week.
There are a few requirements that you need to fulfil:
1. Enrolled in a tertiary institution and studying
2. Over 18 years of age
3. Eligible for the Social Housing Register (or an international student).
1. Complete the online application form. We try to fill vacancies 2 months prior to move-in date, so don’t leave your application to the last minute!
2. Attend a Sunday night communal dinner to meet the current residents (or Skype call for interstate/international applicants)
3. We’ll email you regarding the outcome of your application at the end of the application period to which you applied
You can list anyone you like, however the best referees are former housemates or landlords.
Rent is paid in two components: $165.50 per week to Havelock Housing Association + $60 per month to the Co-op. This includes:
Rooms at the Co-op are similar to college rooms on campus, with built in wardrobe and sink. Photos are available on our Facebook page. Generally, a bed and a desk (and possibly a mattress) will be supplied, however this is not guaranteed.